Sunday, October 28, 2018

Flood, Pictures, Boil Water and More!

Well, here we are on Sunday and I'm behind as usual.  The weather has been gorgeous hasn't it!  I never thought I would wish the rain would stop but I almost reached that point.

Jason's Deli Site Work
PD Facility Road Right Before Asphalt
I was busy last week training to inspect cell towers for my new business - Sky Pictures.  If you haven't seen the website yet, click the link and check it out.  Look at "Recent Photo's" to see the area construction update or click here.  This is a picture of the site work going on for Jason's Deli.  I also noticed they put down asphalt on the Police Facility road yesterday - it's moving right along.  The project is on time to be completed in the February - March 2019 time frame.  I'll try to get some interior pictures soon.  Click on the pictures for a larger view.  There are more pictures in recent photo's.

Double click on the pictures for a larger image!

I'll be glad when the election is over.  It disturbs me that candidates that want to make the laws can't seem to follow them and continue to put signs in the right of way and even on city property.  

Please vote!  It looks like the voting totals are way up this election.  Glenda Engert and Betty Haley are my candidates of choice and I would appreciate your support for them.  They both have the city's best interest at heart and are not special interest candidates.  Both will work hard to keep taxes down and keep Lakeway the place that most of us moved here for.

The Lakeway Arts Committee meets Monday at the City Hall at 5:30 PM.  Here's the agenda.  Looks like they have lots to talk about.

Interesting about the "Boil Water" issue.  If you live in the Lakeway MUD area or Water District 17 area or Hurst Creek MUD, you are not affected.  Thanks to those entities for having the capacity to serve their areas without interruption.  This includes the "Old Lakeway" area, along 620 and the Village of the Hills.  It looks like at least part of Rough Hollow and the Highlands are affected.  Check with your supplier to be sure! Maybe they will lift the restriction today.

Lake Level Graph
As far as the flood, Lake Travis is currently at 695.21 - this is still 14.21 feet into the flood plain.  The lake is going down about 2 feet a day with 4 flood gates still open.  Some of the Graveyard Point area is still under water.

The Veteran's day Ceremony this year will be on Sunday, November 11th scheduled for 3:30 PM at the Lake Travis ISD's Performing Arts Center, 3324 RM 620 S.  Anna Baker of the Texas Veterans Commission will be the guest speaker.

I also attended the Patient Advisory Board Meeting at Baylor Scott & White last week.  It is a Board formed to make patient experience better at the hospital.  More on that as we move forward.

That's all for today - be sure to check out the Recent Pictures on the Sky Pictures Website.  Follow me on Instagram - jbain18.  If you have a home you want a photo of or an event, shoot me an email and I'll take care of it!

Thanks for the continued interest - don't forget to vote -  Glenda and Betty for Lakeway City Council.  Be sure to check your votes, there are reports some of the machines are making changes.

If you want to be added to my email list, send a note to lakeway@bain.us and I'll get you added (or removed).

Joe Bain
lakeway@bain.us











No comments:

Post a Comment