Friday, January 29, 2021

How to GET Vaccinated!

 *****Covid-19 Vaccine Information*****

Do you want to get vaccinated?  You have to be proactive!  If you sit and wait, there is no telling when or if you will be contacted.  I received my first shot on January 16th, and it takes some effort but is there if you want it.

The area providers are not getting vaccine very quickly, I'm signed up on all of them and have only received emails saying they don't have doses for particular weeks.

If you want to get the vaccine you will need to take a ride.  Austin Public Health is getting about 12,000 doses a week.  Not many for the population but appointments are available when the doses come in- you must be in the 1a or 1b group.  

First, pre-register.  Here is the link:

https://covid19.austintexas.gov/s/?language=en_US

Scroll down and select "Create an Account"

Fill out all the information.  You should then get an email to verify your registration.

Once that is done, you will need to be able to log in - use the same link above scroll down and click on log in.

If you experience an issue (wrong password or incorrect information), append aph to the email address.  For example, in my case instead of joe@bain.us for my email address I had to use joe@bain.us.aph - you may or may not have to do this.

The big issue is they don't tell you when the appointment slots open and they fill up pretty quick.  I got my appointment on a Wednesday afternoon - it seems the appointments open on Wednesdays but it all depends on whey they get their allocation - a friend got his on Thursday morning EARLY.  You have to deep trying!  After all, if your staying at home, what else do you have to do???

If all else fails, you can call - 512-972-5560 - it didn't work too well for me, but I have a friend that got through and made appointments for she and her husband.  I would suggest you at least register first.

There are two locations, one is the Delco Center (Near Hwy 183 and Hwy 290).  There is another location - same general area and same distance.

Good luck, you can get an appointment, you just have to work at it.  I logged in every hour for a couple of days and succeeded.  

I wish everyone good health and hope this is helpful!

Joe Bain
joe@bain.us




No comments:

Post a Comment